Wednesday 30 October 2013

Picture Blog Post

Annnnnnnnd, as I promised, an entire blog post dedicated to pictures of Rocco and Savannah!
Wow, you guys have missed out on a lot...
I hope you enjoy these!

 A picture I snapped of them sleeping side-by-side a while ago... Rocco often sleeps upside-down like this! So funny.
 Just showing you their tails!
 This has to be my all-time favourite picture. Ever. It was my screensaver for weeks.
One day I caught some pictures of Savannah licking her lips and her eyes, and I got this one of her 'smiling'.
 Just a picture of  her licking her chops!
 Showing you how she wraps her little feet around my thumb. I love how small she is... Or was! She's grown so much :-(
 Rocco almost always sleeps on the big leaf at the front of the vivarium. He curls up his body and just chills out in the open.
 Here's a picture of him climbing the vivarium wall. He does this every night, and then climbs the wire mesh. His sticky paws against the mesh causes a ripping sound, and it keeps me awake most nights. Anyone else relate to this?
 A very cute little girl curled up on one of the poppers.
 And again! Bless her.
 Rocco was also very cute, and was holding his tail as if it were a branch.
Look at those male parts, too!
 We were cleaning out the vivarium and put Rocco and Savannah in the baby/egg box. They were not happy.
 They stared me out and made me feel guilty.
 I was rather amused to find Savannah perching on the thermometer one day.
The thermometer is right at the top of the glass with no climbing apparatus near it, and the wall was wet at the time... I'm not really sure how she got there! Must have jumped!
 Rocco and Savannah are finally starting to discover the 'pond' in the vivarium! Here's a picture of Rocco drinking from the bowl (and Savannah looking very pretty!).
 And another! Proud of my boo.
 Here's just a picture of them in the newly-arranged vivarium.
It looks so pretty.


 Rocco on his leaf
 Savannah copying him!
 Savannah very cutely clung on to the end of the jungle vine. She looks terrified for her life.
 And here's my handsome boy on the prowl!
 Here's Rocco all fired up the day after shedding.
He looks SO bright and orange on his back! He's absolutely beautiful.
 And again!
You can kind of see his bulge here, too. I meant to take a picture of it... It's gotten huge recently! I'm proud of my big boy!
 And again.
 And again, prowling towards Mama.
He seems to have this permanent little shiny spot on his head. It's kind of cute and makes him look messy - I've tried many times to wash it off but it seems to just stay.
 The handsome chappy licking his eyeball! Cute or gross, whatever tickles your fancy.
 A nice close-up of his handsome face. He's such a gorgeous boy.
 And again with the eye-licking!
 Savannah all fired-up! You can see that she still stays a lovely golden colour down her back, with fewer dalmation spots than Rocco.
 Her sides go a grey/brown colour, but in some lights they can look almost blue. She's not the golden girly she used to be!
 Here's my little trooper climbing the glass. She looks like a starfish!
 And again. You can see how much she's grown here.
 From the side.
 One of my favourite things about Savannah is her 'leopard belly'. It's really distinctive and different to Rocco's, and I love how the grey-blue spots contrast the bright yellow belly.
 Another one of her beautiful belly.
 A close-up of Rocco licking his eye! I love how it cups around the eyeball. So clever!
 These were taken just yesterday, when I found Rocco sleeping on his leaf.
 He's so big and heavy that his body actually weighed down the leaf - he's almost falling off! Half his body isn't even on! He can't be comfortable, surely!?
 A closer up picture showing his body half off the leaf. Haha, so funny!


I'm afraid that's about it for the pictures at the moment (the good ones, anyway!). I know you all enjoy seeing the pictures of them.
Rocco has become extremely sexually mature recently, and Savannah is almost there. They're coming up a year old now, and we all know that Rocco grows at a very fast rate, but Savannah has had a large growth spurt or two recently! She's almost the same size as Rocco now. I don't know where my little baby has gone!
We're about 90% sure she is female, and I am slightly wary about the small chance of her being male. Now that they're becoming sexually mature, I don't want them to fight if she is.
However, we're pretty sure of her gender, and we are expecting babies soon if she's female. Soon being months most likely, but that's soon enough for me!
I'd love to have another female at some point, maybe for Christmas or my birthday, but my parents don't seem too keen. Hey ho. I have these 2 and I love them endlessly.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Elly. x

1 comment:

Feel free to comment if you have any questions or anything to say!